Blog posts by mommy Shana and mommy Jess

Three children, two moms, one C.P. diagnosis....and a partridge in a pear tree.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Walking with Greta? By Mommy Shana


Today is the first day I actually thought about not writing on this blog anymore. Not because I don't enjoy it, or because no one really reads it, but because there isn't much to report. Sure, your growing up, and you do lots of new and interesting things....your just not.... well.... progressing much as far as motor abilities. I'm starting to wonder, if maybe this is it. Sure, their are people who tell us that with physical therapy, blah blah blah, Greta may be almost normal. But I'm also getting from people that you may not drive, you may not walk, you may have very poor speech because the tone in your tongue is so weak. So who's right? Who's wrong? We don't know yet, and for the most part I lean toward the positive outcome. Today though, I'm not leaning toward the positive. We heard yet again, as we have heard from many others before, you have very abnormal tone, super spastic and super weak in ways that make progress slow.
I'm going to try and find something positive to blog about, but until then, I'm just going to stop talking for a few weeks since I'm super sad and frustrated and I need to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment